Thursday, November 18, 2010

Presents

For the majority of my life, at least the portions I can remember, I have always looked forward to what was coming next. I wanted to be older, I wanted to graduate, I wanted to be married; all I every wanted was the next step.

The last eight months have obviously been filled with this wanting as well. Except with this situation the next step was being a mom and meeting the amazing person Michael and I created. But today I honestly have found some sort of peace with myself. I realize that right now in this moment is where I want to be, where I need to be. Yes, I’m looking forward to the next step, don’t get me wrong. But for once I’m starting to enjoy the current moment.

I love getting to know my husband stronger through this situation. I am enjoying learning about my body and my ability to do things unexplainable. Though frustrating she’s still on the inside, I love feeling her kick and wondering what she’s thinking.

I’m starting to understand the quote “it’s why it’s called the present”. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment