Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bulleted Update

Well it’s been more than a while; all do to good things, like starting new jobs and getting back on the success band-wagon! Just to keep it clear I figure the best way to do this is a list, bare with me…
1. I started my new job in early august and have been going nonstop. I had to keep the pregnancy on the down-low for a while, but then broke the news to my principal and the rest of the staff about two weeks into the school year, all of which are very happy for me.

2. Michael and I painted the nursery “peacock”. I was going for an enchanted forest look, all Michael saw was that his baby girls rooms was being painted blue, no need to explain he’s color blind.

3. We hung a 6 foot tree decal (thanks Papa) and butterfly decals in the room one weekend.

4. Bought a crib, yes a crib, off Craigslist. It was brand new, still in the bubble wrap; all for only $70!

5. Found a rocker glider and ottoman on Craigslist as well for $40, purchased for us by MeMaw.

6. Last purchase, again on Craigslist, a changing table/dresser for $50!

7. MeMaw (my mom) sewed together curtains, cover for said glider and ottoman, bed skirt, bed bumper, and table cloth for night stand fabric cost of $65

8. Total coast of nursery $265, including paint and decals –you can’t get a crib at Babies R Us for that cheap! Kudos to the Bildner’s and their thriftiness!!

9. Moved all the furniture into the room. Then moved the guest bed into the upstairs loft. Papa (my dad) is painting a frame for a mirror to hang over the changing table.

10. I’m a cheat and watch our registration all the time and get excited when I see something has been bought for us. I call or email Michael at work to let him know!

11. We started kick counts last week. I have to record how long it takes her to get to 10 counts. We can usually get there in 3 minutes after chocolate milk!

12. She got hiccups for the first time I could feel on Monday, loved. Still love feeling her move.

13. She’s a night owl like her daddy. Sleeps in during the morning hours and gets up about 9:00, goes crazy about 3:00 and again in the evening!

14. Giggled to myself the other day about meeting her soon, I can’t wait.

15. Started birthing classes last week. Every Tuesday for four weeks. Michael got disgusted last night with the episiotomy slides . . . um, we have a lot to work on between now and then.

16. Attempting with all my power to go natural –wish me luck!

Well that’s about three months of stuff in a nutshell!


2 comments:

  1. you are ON TOP OF THINGS!! now for than fun... let the showers begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't help it, but #15 really made me laugh! ha!!!! I can't believe how things are coming together! Soon we'll have another addition to GO TEAM!!

    ReplyDelete