Monday, September 27, 2010

Shower Me with Love and Friendship

So I have just finished a chronological blog about my wonderful weekend and I don’t feel like it gives the weekend the justice it deserves - I could list how wonderful it was to get a massage, and finally get a pedicure. I could talk about the horrific old time photo I was forced into and what I look like as a pregnant bar hussy, I could talk about the amazing smile capture photo function on Cassie's camera and the 400 pictures we took, but the truth of the matter is it wasn’t what I did this weekend, it’s WHO I spent the weekend with.

In college I lived two of my four years with Cassie and Jessie. I wouldn’t say it was idealistic, but I also wouldn’t say our relationship was uncommon. We got to the point where we were all at different places and just wanted to move on. The value was there, on the back burner, but I, for one didn’t take full advantage of the friendships I had created with them.

They contacted me a few months back asking if they could throw me a shower. It was a lovely thought, but a majority of my college friends live out of town and weren’t able to make it (a blessing in disguise). So we decided to cancel the shower and turn it into a girl’s weekend.

I was looking forward to the weekend for quite a while and even found myself giddy at times. I’m the type of person who is 100% content with staying in my own little house, with my husband and puppy at my side with a pizza and a Red Box. I don’t like to “get away” as much as some people do. So this was a change for my psyche when I was actually pumped to get away.

I drove down by myself early Saturday morning, and couldn’t get there fast enough--needless to say starting the trip with a Spiced Pumpkin Latte gave new meaning to the phrase “frequent urination”. . . . and the constant stopping wasn’t easing the anxiety.

The whole weekend we filled each other in on our lives; the ups and downs of starting families, the piss poor mentality of the corporate world, going back to grad school, finding our dream jobs, husbands, new real estate purchases, resentful people, savings accounts, and blessings. I won't divulge details as everyone who has girlfriends knows that rule #1, but know I learned more about myself through them this weekend then I have in a long time.

I only feel I need to talk about this weekend in this manner because I need to spread light on all the aspects of my life at this time. I’m grateful for what I have and where I am. I’m grateful I’m able to build on old relationships and appreciate where I come from so I can truly know where I am going. I thank my friends for everything they have taught me, I am thankful for everything they will teach me, but most of all I am just thankful for them!

I was showered this weekend – showered with love and friendship, and it’s these gifts that make my reality amazing!

Thank you Cassie and Jessie! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. This blog made me tear up. I had such a great time this weekend too! I felt like it was a true lesson in friendship as we discovered how much we truly value each other and the history behind our relationship. It felt like for the first time we were all at a totally different level, together. I feel like our friendship has transformed from a college-fun-hormonal-drunk-typical friendship to something that will last a lifetime. I am so lucky to have both of you in my life and thank you for loving me despite my "prudeness"- ha!

    P.S. You know you LOVED the hussy shot! At least you got to hold the money and not the Jack Daniels Bottle!

    P.P.S Those 400 pictures are coming your way soon!

    ReplyDelete