Monday, October 11, 2010

Waiting Game

So we have received all we are going/needing to receive through all these amazing showers that were thrown for us the past few weeks. And my nesting has been in full swing. I have all the clothes and blankets washed, the monitor is installed, the diapers are organized by sizes, the bath tub is set up with toys and cute towels, bottles are cleaned and stored, and mommy and daddy are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their little girl.


I realize I’m only at 34 weeks, full term is 37, and the latest they’ll let me carry her is 41 weeks. So technically speaking I could have two full months left before this baby is here. I also realize the power to “will” her to come early is all in my head and there’s nothing I can do at this point except wait.

And wait we will. . . I hear the Jeopardy tune every time I think about waiting.

Thankfully the next few weeks will be full of activities: headed to Springfield to meet with good friends for our annual holiday gathering, then it’s my birthday, then the best holiday of all, Halloween.

After that I’m afraid, November may be the longest month of my life. We will just sit there anticipating the first contraction, the first run to the hospital, our first baby, the first of many things.


Until then we will just wait, do do do do, da do do do, dododododododoo, bumbum

No comments:

Post a Comment