Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Beginnings

Well it's been quite some time since I have posted anything and with good reason, I have been the busiest person on the planet!! But I wanted to update everyone on where we were with the baby growth, our lives, reasons I haven't blogged, and reasons I should have.

1. Limbo - I started to fall into a state of limbo about two/three weeks ago. The newness of the pregnancy had worn off, the morning sickness was still there, I hadn't felt the little guy/gal kick, and we didn't know what it was (boy/girl). Well we still don't know what it is, but other events have helped me move out of my limbo state, but that's an honest reason why I lost touch with the blog and wanted to share it.

2. New Job - About three weeks ago I started to gather leads on an amazing job offer in the school district I did my student teaching in. Needless to say I have focused almost all of my energy in that direction. Well after much hard work . . . I GOT THE JOB. Teaching art, digital photography, and yearbook. About five minutes from my house -- Michael and I couldn't be happier.

3. Quickening - This is the technical term for feeling the first movements of the baby and I HAVE. This will definitely pull you out of the limbo state, realizing it's real! Michael and I were at a concert a week and half ago and we got there rather early to get good seats. While we were sitting there waiting I felt a little tickle in my lower left side. It wasn't gas, for sure, so the only other thing it could be is the baby. I've felt it move since, maybe three times. So amazing, waiting for it to do it again.

4. Vacation - Michael and I literally just got back from an amazing vacation we took with some high school friends of his. We rented a house out for a whole week and did nothing except lay on the beach. This was a great bonding time for Michael, baby, and me.

5. Maternity Clothes - While on our lovely vacation I began to realize I could no longer wear my regular pants, and the tightness of the bella bands cause me to have really bad morning sickness. Thank goodness for Outlet Malls in the South! I hit up Motherhood Maternity and scored myself some great maternity Bermuda-style shorts in three different colors, hoping those will get me through the summer. I feel so much better in them!

6. The Big One - Our big ultrasound visit has been scheduled! July 6th! We are so excited!

7. Belly Picture - Though fluffier than the normal sized woman I felt it was legit to post a belly picture as I'm now too big for my pants.

3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!!!!! and I dont care what other people say I LOVE maternity clothes..so comfy and dang I wish I could wear elastic pants every day!!! :) :) :)
    So excited for July 6th! coming soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful, Aubrey! It's such a relief to start to show and to start to feel baby move. All that terrible morning sickness is going to wear off and you'll start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete