Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Motherly Instincts – Mommy 0 - Baby .9

Well yesterday was the big day. My mom came into town and to kill time before the 2:45 deadline, we let Michael take us to lunch at Breskeez to watch the Dutch beat Uruguay in the semi finals of the FIFA World Cup. We were only about 10 minutes from the ultrasound place so about 2:30 headed that way. After extensive paper work and the Tyra show we were called back.

The tech was very accommodating to Michael, my mom, and me and we got started with warm goo squirted all over my belly. We saw the obvious outline of the body and the bones, like the ribs, spinal cord and all were very obvious and this made me happy to see. The heart was also obviously beating and again very happy.

The baby was lying side to side with its back against mine, but facing us, in a way. So the tech wasn’t able to get a good picture of either end, the babies rump and the brain. After much coercing the baby still didn’t move and every time the tech tried to see the little privates, the baby would cross their legs, and one time the cord was even in the way. But after much ado, the tech announces “I’m about 90% sure it’s a girl”. Well there went my first test at motherly instincts! But we're happy nonetheless!

My lesson – don’t tell people what you might think it is, because if/when you end up being wrong they replay “I told you so” like they had better comprehension as to what was going on in my uterus then I did!

My thinking – well yes I’m going to defend myself! Michael wanted a girl from day one, I didn’t want to disappoint daddy, so I talked myself (and Michael) into it possibly being a boy so there was no disappointment.

Granted there was NO disappointment what-so-ever! I’m more please all her vitals are working fine than the fact my instincts were a little off. We will have to go back in three or so weeks so they’re able to get a better picture of the brain and can confirm the other 10% for us!

Life is grande!



Like I said, she wasn't the most cooperative, but apparently this is her little
girliness. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Love seeing this!! she is precious! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motherly instincts failing? No way! There's a 50/50 chance, girl! Your motherly instincts are JUST FINE! I'm so excited about baby girl Bildner! Boys are awesome too, but baby girls have cuter clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mommy comments you two! And I love you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete