Thursday, July 1, 2010

Appetite

Well guess who’s got an appetite, yup me, and is it bigger than ever.

It was about Wednesday this week and I woke up without any nausea or vomiting and went straight for the Crispix; I haven’t been able to feel full since.

It’s a weird feeling, wanting to eat, as it’s been almost 12 week since I’ve actually felt like even looking at food. I’m extra leery about packing on the preggo pounds now (as I finish my bag of chocolate dipped almonds). I have surprisingly lost 14 pounds over the last 12 weeks in the process of basically not eating (or vomiting what I do eat up), and I have gained two of those back since yesterday. I find I’m hungry every two hours. I ate at 5:00am, 7:00am, 9:30am, noon, 4:00, and I’m already looking forward to my stir-fry dinner. I’m going to have to focus on fruits and veggies and not much else. I’ll be okay if I gain the 14lbs back, but I’m in no hurry for anymore – fluffy women don’t need much more.

It’s good to enjoy food again, though; however I still seem to feel waves of nausea at strange but reasonable things, like the sauerkraut at the hot dog stand, or the urine in boy’s bathroom at school . . .

Cooking was my ultimate hobby before I got pregnant and with the great schedule I’m going to get with the new position and my new found love of food again, and not to mention us being able to afford cable now, Giada*, Ina*, and I will be cooking up a storm.

Thursday update – my uterus is the size of a small melon the baby is comparable to a sweet potato. Also beginning to wonder if I really felt it move that first time, as I haven’t felt anything since and I am very anxious to. The little guy/gal can hear things now and publications encourage Michael and me to talk to it . . . honestly, not quite feeling like doing that at the moment (I hope that’s normal).

*FoodNet Work program hostesses

No comments:

Post a Comment