Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bella Band

Well I thought I would post something about the Bella Band for those of you who don't know exactly what it is and for those of you who might be able to provide me with advice -- my trials and tribulations...

The Bella Band is basically a big cylindrical piece of fabric that goes from right below your breast to just below your butt, if you want it to. You can scrunch it up if you don't need it to go that far. You can get different colors and patterns and wear it below your shirts for a layer affect too. The gist is you're able to wear your normal pants, leave them unbuttoned or unzipped, and put the Bella Band over your pants/under your shirt to keep your pants up. *this is not my belly*


I ordered two from http://www.amazon.com/ one in black and one in white. It cost me about $30 for both and I thought it was a valuable investment. I started sporting them this week because when I zip up my pants the tightness in my belly causes me to vomit and I'm trying to avoid that. Yesterday was my second day wearing the white one and I think it was a little stretched out, I also think it's a looser fit then the black one.

Today I've got the black one on, tighter pants, and a longer shirt -- all which seem to be a good combination for successful use of the Bella Band. My body is interesting proportions with a long torso and a high waist, so things are always somewhat challenging to fit on me. The point for now is to "look as normal as possible" so nobody at work catches on for a few more weeks.

I broke down and ordered some maternity shirts on http://www.oldnavy.com/ I did have a 15% off coupon so it was justified. They are longer than normal shirts and I have a feeling my long torso and I will really like the fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment