Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursdays!

Will I’d like to apologize to my future child and the few readers I have I missed my first Thursday post!
Yesterday was Thursday, a big day in the weeks of my gestation, and I missed it. I say this because when I first found out I was pregnant I created a profile on www.babycenter.com and through minimal calculations they determined the beginning of my gestational weeks were Thursdays! So since then I get wonderful emails from them outlining the progress of my fetus and what I might be feeling as a pregnant lady. I was excited to share the news with everyone, and already to make Thursday post something special and something to look forward to, but it was a totally shoot crap of a day.

The most vomiting I’ve had all pregnancy, all day exhaustion like no other, and shortness of breath (to be looked at further as possible adult onset asthma, triggered by hormone changes – WHO KNEW!!) Not a pleasant way to start off my Thursday post, but I wanted to get them started!

Kumquat! Every week www.babycenter.com compares the growing baby to a food of some sort, something my mom, Michael and I have all found rather humorous and stuck with. This little guy/gal has been everything from a blubbery to his/her current oh none other than a Kumquat! (Admittedly I didn't know what I kumquat was, but Michael informed me it's like a large orange grape). Its fingernails have started to grow and "peach fuzz" is noticeable.
The email also suggest this is about the time you would first hear the heart beat, however, Michael and I got to here that April 12!






Hope you enjoyed my first Thursday post!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your big news! Love the blog! Hope your queasiness in the morning wears off soon. I literally kept a box of saltines on my nightstand and before I got up to pee, I would eat 2, 3 or 4 ... lie there for 10 minutes ... and it seemed to settle everything down so I could get on with my day. However, if the cheeze-it's are working, stick with it! It's tried and true and already working for you. What a great time this is for you and Michael. God bless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I wish I had signed up for this back in the day... this is soo cool! Love little Bebe...Kumquat!

    ReplyDelete